"I knew this was a solution we needed!"
I recently spoke to the ERP project manager at one of our newer installs. This pharmaceutical company had just 25 jobs scheduled, yet he estimated that Smart Scheduler saved 4-5 admin hours per week just in his role alone (over 200 hours per year). Once they had the Smart Scheduler engine running, he saw an increased efficiency echo across the company.
It saved an accountant who is tending to integrity reports every morning a minimum of 20 minutes per day (over two weeks per year).
Their manufacturing cost accountant who manages inventory reconciliation and now receives all reports in his inbox whenever needed. And once the manufacturing group realized the benefits of running reports through Smart Scheduler, instead of running one manufacturing report every night they now receive four in their inbox every morning.
Here are some of the Smart Scheduler capabilities making this possible:
- Stream Management – Ability to group all jobs based on business processes where multiple and varying streams can be created for each module – Sales, GL, AR, AP, etc.
- Detailed Recurrence Setup – Each stream can have its own recurrence pattern with jobs scheduled to run with predefined frequencies (such as every 15-20 minutes) for any designated time range where jobs are scheduled daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, or based upon specific days or a fiscal date pattern
- Standard Workday Calendar Integration – Ability to schedule jobs using standard E1 calendars, for example, to account for holidays in job scheduling
- Advanced Dependency Management – Ability to process jobs based upon dependencies defined at the job level; if a job errors on the server the dependent job is not executed; also dependency on streams to ensure an AR stream runs after the Sales stream has completed successfully
- Events, Conditions & Actions Based Scheduling – Configure how Streams proceed upon execution of certain predefined events or conditions such as verifying if a flat file exists prior running jobs (Over 200 other conditions and combinations are possible)
Data Selection & Processing Option Overrides (RUNUBEXML) – Change data selection and processing option values at run time, for example, when jobs run after Midnight where the invoice date should still be the previous day
- Multiple Time Zone Support – Ability to schedule jobs locally in regional or global time zones while still accounting for differing Daylight Savings rules
- Smart Notifications – Virtually eliminate manual monitoring requirements with Smart Notifications, the ability to send out notifications when a job completes, fails, or when it runs longer or shorter than the average time; configurable at stream or job level
- Email Reports – Ability to email reports to users as PDF or CSV attachments
- Transfer Reports – Ability to take output of print queue and transfer to any network location (files too large to email, for example)
- Lite Version for Users – Ability to allow Users to schedule their own jobs and to receive notifications of job approvals (within boundaries defined by the organization/administrator)
- Interactive Dashboard (Mobile Ready) – Web version to log into Smart Scheduler from within or outside of JDE; give users the ability to visualize status of jobs, interact with them, Pause/Resume streams as needed, Resume streams where jobs have ended in error (at click of button)
- Analytical Reports – Executive reports including Detail & Summary Report, Upcoming Scheduled Streams and Jobs, Audit Reports based upon a date range, Average Time Report displays average run time for all reports, also Purge Report which deletes historical scheduled jobs
- JDE Aware – Smart Scheduler was built by JD Edwards developers for JD Edwards with the JD Edwards tool-set so you won’t need to learn new software!
Smart Scheduler has started a new discount program for companies, such as this one, that have a small number of jobs to schedule.
We look forward to working with many new individuals and organizations as part of a new special program. It will be exciting to see just how much Smart Scheduler can help each and every one of you who are finally able to get your hands on this advanced batch process scheduling tool!
"We are motivated to give organizations an affordable opportunity to adopt Smart Scheduler as a best practice well before the standard JDE scheduler becomes a source of pain for users, IT and the business."
READ MORE ABOUT OUR NEW DISCOUNT PROGRAM
- sAchin cHoudhari, CEO